137: Humans. We Introduce Bugs
Today Andrew and Brett talk about systems and automation. And how both automation and people can fail - hot tip: they fail in different ways.
High points include:
- Brett's cat is bringing "gifts" into the house
- Set it and forget it is not a thing
- Computers systems don't degrade
- People love shortcuts
- When you streamline systems you are almost always removing double checks
- Brett loves checklists
- If clients/bosses only see the failures, it is tough to communicate value
- The pro of computers: They do not deviate. This is also the Con.
- Andrew and Brett are going to get back to their roots. Metaphors.
Quotes: "It's amazing how much work you can just 'not do' and people don't notice" -Andrew
Get in touch!
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners. If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!
💚Leave Us A Review
Last but not least if you have a moment, check us out on iTunes and leave a review. It's an easy way to say thanks if you're enjoying the show and helps us climb the charts so other folks like you can find the show.
Today's Episode Was Made Possible By Freshbooks
If you have a business, you need to keep your books lookin' good, and Freshbooks makes it so easy no matter if you're just starting your business today or you're long-running and want to clean things up.
To see all the ways FreshBooks can bring the joy by changing the way you feel about your paperwork, they’re offering our listeners an unrestricted 30-day free trial. To claim it, just go to FreshBooks.com/ORTHOGONAL and enter ORTHOGONAL in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section