145: Cognitive Spelunking
Your dynamic duo digs into what us freelancers call "cognitive spelunking". Which, in the tower of business, is the research and development portion of the tower. We talk about that means and how it is different from improving your operations and researching a market.
High points include:
- Most people just accept things. Life might be simpler that way
- Cognitive Spelunking is R&D in the tower of Business
- Brett knows EVERYTHING. Andrew is impressed
- Market research is not R&D
- Andrew thinks R&D is testing the existential purpose of your business
- Brett thinks it more about making new products
- In a small company we're both right
Quote "It has to be T-Shirtable or no one is going to learn it" - Andrew
Get in touch!
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners. If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!
💚Leave Us A Review
Last but not least if you have a moment, check us out on iTunes and leave a review. It's an easy way to say thanks if you're enjoying the show and helps us climb the charts so other folks like you can find the show.