157: Entropy Windows
This week, your favorite wonks delve into the idea of actively reducing the amount of stuff in your life (physical and otherwise).
High points include:
- Not maintaining your systems will result in cruft, inefficiency, and decline.
- Everything should regularly earn its place in your life.
- Your business is either improving or declining—there's no "stable."
- Brett throws something away live.
- Jordan Peterson comes up and half of our listeners leave.
- Broken Window Theory (a criminology theory which Brett incorrectly attributed to economics; Brett regrets the error.)
- Sunk Cost Fallacy
- 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson
- "You're right and your wife is wrong." -- Andrew
- "I'm constantly looking for things to get rid of." -- Brett
Get in touch!
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners. If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!
💚Leave Us A Review
Last but not least if you have a moment, check us out on iTunes and leave a review. It's an easy way to say thanks if you're enjoying the show and helps us climb the charts so other folks like you can find the show.