161: Security w/ Nalini Indorf Kaplan
This week, your boys are blessed with a very special guest, Nalini Indorf Kaplan, who educates us about online security.
High points include:
- Andrew has no idea why or how any of this works
- Do we care if people have our information?
- Brett's moving to the mountains
- Access isn't the issue, it's how the access is used
- Ease of use and security are always the trade-off
- Most professional services are about trust, not the service
- Are companies protecting themselves by gathering data?
- Or are they being creepy by stalking you?
- The truth is that everyone needs to be more upfront about it - Choices matter!
- "It is VERY difficult to get away from the trifecta: Apple, Google, Microsoft" -- Nalini
Check out Nalini's System of Trust
- Nalini Indorf Kaplan
- Data Breaches
- GDPR in the EU
- Fast Mail
- Center for Humane Technology
- Buyer Beware
👋 Get in touch
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners. If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!
💚Leave Us A Review
Last but not least if you have a moment, check us out on iTunes and leave a review. It's an easy way to say thanks if you're enjoying the show and helps us climb the charts so other folks like you can find the show.